WHAT IS AIR FILTRATION?
Air filtration supplies the means to obtain the level of particular cleanliness required by any definition of “air conditioning.” It extends from the simple task of preventing lint and other debris from plugging heating/cooling coils to removing particles as small as 0.1 micron which could cause a short circuit on a microchip.
Air filters are used for a wide variety of purposes, some of which include:
– Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
– Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
– Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
– Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value
– Elimination of fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
– Extension of shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold during processing operations
– Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection
Air filters prevent dust, fibers and other debris from clogging a dehumidifier removing particles as small as 0.1 micron. Filters need to be inspected and replaced regularly for optimal performance of your Munters dehumidifier.
SMAC Enterprises is able to supply a host of filters for various applications.